Workers Compensation Claims Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
Injured at work in Florida? Hurt on the job? The attorneys at Myones Legal are here to assist you in your time of need. We take pride in making things right, so that you can focus on recovering.
We will fight to help you recover the money you deserve to offset medical bills, loss of income, and emotional and physical suffering. Whether you were injured in a slip and fall accident, while driving a commercial vehicle, working at a construction site, or involved in another type of work accident in Florida, we can help.
Contact our law firm at (954) 668-3180 or via this form to arrange a free and immediate consultation so that we can explain your rights and options. We charge no upfront fees and work on a contingency basis, which means we only get paid if you get paid.
We handle workers compensation cases in:
Fort Lauderdale · Hollywood · Pembroke Pines · Broward County · Palm Beach County · Miami · Hialeah, Port St. Lucie · Miramar · Coral Springs · Pompano Beach · Miami Gardens · West Palm Beach · Davie · Boca Raton · Sunrise · Plantation · Miami Beach · Deerfield Beach · Lauderhill · Weston · Delray Beach · And The Surrounding Areas
Accidents in the Workplace in Florida
Workplace injuries are unfortunately not unusual and can range from simple slip and fall accidents and traffic accidents to major construction incidents, fires, and even explosions. Whether big or small, accidents at work can cause major disruptions in your income and personal life. Medical bills and responsibilities can pile up which is why it’s so important to seek legal representation as soon as possible. Our attorneys at Myones Legal PLLC are ready to take the legal and financial burden out of your hands so that you can fully focus on recovery.
What do I do after a workplace accident in Florida?
If you’ve been injured on the job, there are several important steps you should immediately take to ensure that your rights are protected and health is being taken care of properly. Our attorneys will help you every step of the way through this process.
- File An Injury Report – Sometimes these reports are required to be filed within a short window of time (like 24-48 hours). Time is of the essence so do not delay in scheduling your free consultation with our firm so that we can ensure your accident reports are filed with the proper channels within the statute of limitations.
- File a police report – This is especially important in auto accidents, larceny, and robberies, but may be required no matter what the incident for insurance purposes.
- Document Incident with 3rd Parties – If the incident took place on a third-party commercial property such as a job site, vendor, or other place of business owned by someone other than your employer, they will most likely have a process for reporting incidents that differs from your own employer. It’s important to take this step as soon as possible so that the third party can preserve any video evidence.
- Seek Medical Attention – One of the first things you should do is seek out appropriate medical care, including calling an ambulance if necessary. This is crucial to both your health which is top priority and in your ability to seek out compensation. The longer you delay in obtaining medical care for your accident, the more likely health insurance and workers comp adjusters will dispute your claims.
- Meticulously Document Everything – Take note of every detail religiously throughout your process of filing reports and seeking medical care. This includes the dates/times of your calls, appointments, and visits, the name and extension numbers of representatives you speak to, case numbers, report numbers, and so on. The more you document, then less anyone can question your recollection of incidents.
Examples of Common Workplace Accidents
There are many types of workplace injuries, each with their own legal aspects that need to be accounted for, including whether you’re an employee, freelancer, independent contractor, subcontractor, day laborer, etc. Below is a non exhaustive list of common workplace injuries. Our attorneys can advise you of your rights.
- Auto accidents in commercial vehicles
- Slip & Fall Accidents on construction sites, offices, and other commercial sites
- Eye & Head Injuries
- Dangerous or Toxic Chemical Exposure
- Broken Bones & Limb Loss
- Spinal Injury & Paralysis
- Electric Shocks & Explosions
- Cuts, Tears, and Lacerations
- Forklift & Crane Accidents
- Failure to comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations
What if my employer does not carry workers compensation insurance?
Workers compensation insurance in Florida provides extensive benefits for employees who have been injured on the job, but not all employers carry the proper insurance policies. If you have suffered an on-the-job injury and your employer does not have insurance, you may have the right to sue them directly for your pain, suffering, medical bills, and loss of income.
Fort Lauderdale Workers Comp Lawyer
If you have suffered a work injury, our attorneys at Myones Legal are ready to represent you, beginning with a free and immediate consultation. We work on a contingency basis which mean we charge no fee for our services unless a recovery is made.
Call (954) 668-3180 or use this form to arrange a free and immediate consultation.
“Howard is a highly knowledgeable, efficient, straightforward and professional attorney. He has resolved legal matters for me beyond my expectations. Highly recommended.”
“Howard was excellent in handling my accident case. He was always extremely professional and knowledgeable, and made it clear that he had my best interest at heart. I would recommend him to anyone that needs legal help.”
Get started with a free consultation.
We Service Clients In
Palm Beach County
Clients Found Us By Searching
- Workers compensation attorney Fort Lauderdale
- Hollywood FL workers comp lawyer
- Pembroke Pines workers compensation claims law firm
- Broward County workers compensation attorney
- Miami-Dade County workers compensation lawyer
- However please note that we service a much wider area of Florida which you can view on our service areas page.
Get started with a free consultation.
Click below or call (954) 668-3180